Skip to main content

Blast from the Past!!!

One walks through college life with an immense sense of freedom and hopes to conquer the world.
Often in the process you rub people the wrong way or people do that to you.
What often comes with you for a lifetime is a mixed bag of emotions for that period of your life. And one can carry huge chips on the shoulder.
Then suddenly social media introduces or rather re - introduces you to all those classmates.
It happened to me to when I was added to a group with my ex - classmates.
And I was so filled with trepidation regarding the group that for a few months I absolutely refused to participate in any activity on the group. But as time progressed I have slowly seen more and more of my prior classmates on the group and it has been such a source of delight to me to interact with them,that I am left wondering what it was that made me apprehensive in the first place?

The group that I am on is so unconditional in its love and acceptance that all the good I remembered from college has come to the fore and suddenly all I have are pleasant memories. Could it be that the perception was all mine?

And I find something new each day in my gallery of memories which is connecting me these galaxy of ladies.

How did I forgot how much I enjoyed their company?

Loads to be said for social media....
I am so happy to be in touch with all of them.

I hope this camaraderie lasts a lifetime now!

Viva la gurlz!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thappad

Thappad The prelude to the aria that is Thappad, is a dizzying runabout of a homemaker's humdrum daily chores. It serves to establish the roles each character has established for themselves. The husband played by newbie, Pavail Gulati is wonderfully self-obsessed and completely oblivious to anything but his own needs. The wife played by Tapsee Pannu ( as if we didn't know! Ha ha!) is on the other end of the spectrum. She is hyper aware of the needs of all those around her and revels in being needed and being able to be of service. The nuances that are written into the script are sheer brilliance. Consider the opening montage introducing the main characters to us. The wife being driven about, the girlfriend being received with love and finally a super successful lawyer finding freedom in hanging out a car window. The conversation that ensues between all of them, sketches skillfully the back stories of the lot of them. The movie is far from being a chest beating comment...
Protests! Candle-light vigils! Banners! Placards! Demonstrations! Human Chains! We can do it all .... but the question is how often can we do it,and why should we have to do it at all? And why do we do it at all when our memories are so short! Here today ....And gone tomorrow seems to be the order of the day.But if this has genuinely sparked something inside us then we should keep that spark alive. We need to become a people that we can be proud of... Let us indeed protest....... but protest the indifference that has crept into our lives. Light a candle..... but do it to dispel the darkness that has engulfed our hearts. Wave a banner....... but let it carry a message of love for your close ones. Hold a placard....... but write appreciation on it for all that is good and pure. Demonstrate...... show that you care. Make human chains.... but a hold a hand to help someone,to console, to offer solace. Love and Peace