Skip to main content

Vulnerability

What could make you more vulnerable than a call which you want to make, but which you know will be met with only silence?
So if I make this call over and over again, does it make me a romantic?
Does it mean  I am in love with this person?
Does this mean I have no self respect?
Do I really care ?
Would I make this call over and again?
Hell Yes!!!!
Every single time.....

What could make you more vulnerable than making a clean slate of your feelings and then being rebuffed?
So if I still made clear my feelings over and over again and was rebuffed time and  time again, does it mean I am a doormat?
Does this mean I am a masochist?
Hell yeah!
I would tell you what you mean to me each day of the week and twice on a Sunday!

What could make you more vulnerable than letting him know that he owns you heart and soul, and then having him evaluate pros and cons?
So if the Cons came up stronger than the Pros, and I still clung to his sleeve would it make me a needy dumbass?
Hell Yes!
I would tell you time and time again how much I need you till you believed me and then never forgot it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thappad

Thappad The prelude to the aria that is Thappad, is a dizzying runabout of a homemaker's humdrum daily chores. It serves to establish the roles each character has established for themselves. The husband played by newbie, Pavail Gulati is wonderfully self-obsessed and completely oblivious to anything but his own needs. The wife played by Tapsee Pannu ( as if we didn't know! Ha ha!) is on the other end of the spectrum. She is hyper aware of the needs of all those around her and revels in being needed and being able to be of service. The nuances that are written into the script are sheer brilliance. Consider the opening montage introducing the main characters to us. The wife being driven about, the girlfriend being received with love and finally a super successful lawyer finding freedom in hanging out a car window. The conversation that ensues between all of them, sketches skillfully the back stories of the lot of them. The movie is far from being a chest beating comment...
Protests! Candle-light vigils! Banners! Placards! Demonstrations! Human Chains! We can do it all .... but the question is how often can we do it,and why should we have to do it at all? And why do we do it at all when our memories are so short! Here today ....And gone tomorrow seems to be the order of the day.But if this has genuinely sparked something inside us then we should keep that spark alive. We need to become a people that we can be proud of... Let us indeed protest....... but protest the indifference that has crept into our lives. Light a candle..... but do it to dispel the darkness that has engulfed our hearts. Wave a banner....... but let it carry a message of love for your close ones. Hold a placard....... but write appreciation on it for all that is good and pure. Demonstrate...... show that you care. Make human chains.... but a hold a hand to help someone,to console, to offer solace. Love and Peace