Skip to main content

Kho gaye hum kahan

 Kho gaye hum kahan

Indeed!

What just happened?

What did i just watch?

Siddhant Chaturvedi and Gourav Adarsh we knew about, but who knew Ananya Pandey could act ?

Did anyone see this coming?

This methinks is her mike drop moment.

More about the movie though, as I have already said this one is cast perfectly. The production team knew what they wanted and they squeezed out the performances that they wanted. For a debutante director, Arjun Varain Singh, has made a splash of the same magnitude that whales make. 

I was doing stuff around my apartment and watching too, and kept replaying because I wanted to miss no expression and wanted to see all the subtleties, so eventually I gave up on my chores and plonked down with intent and I am glad that I did so.

The dialogues were superb, case in point:

Boy: I need space

Girl: Astronaut ho kya? 

Hilarious!

The emotional ones got me too.

It is a movie about 3 besties, 2 of whom are a part of the gig economy and the third has a steady, conventional job. Their genders are so underplayed and so beautifully understated that one can focus more on their story, which is not about redemption or even about success as it is traditionally perceived.

Their favorite hangout is called hideaway. And that is what they are all doing, hiding away! The subtexts are so good and respect the viewers intelligence. I know for sure that on watching it again, I will find shadows.

And, that is the dichotomy of this, because this is actually a happy film. People are real, and they are mean and petty and charming and empathetic and they hurt and they bleed and they can harm and they can heal. Ah, it seems the poet in me has awakened. But this is exactly what happens when a story is written so well and then executed so well by its maker and those who play it out.

I feel like I have just had a sumptuous meal with all the right ingredients. It was umami! Damn!

The music was by various composers and the entire soundtrack is good and it is going to have me listening to it on loop.

After the disaster that was The Archie's, I was glad to see Tiger Baby Films are back to form.

I know it is late, but if you are still reading this, watch it now and bunk work tomorrow, so worth it.

P.S- Today I learnt that intimacy actually means "In to me see"

#MiniasReviews

#AllLivesMatter




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thappad

Thappad The prelude to the aria that is Thappad, is a dizzying runabout of a homemaker's humdrum daily chores. It serves to establish the roles each character has established for themselves. The husband played by newbie, Pavail Gulati is wonderfully self-obsessed and completely oblivious to anything but his own needs. The wife played by Tapsee Pannu ( as if we didn't know! Ha ha!) is on the other end of the spectrum. She is hyper aware of the needs of all those around her and revels in being needed and being able to be of service. The nuances that are written into the script are sheer brilliance. Consider the opening montage introducing the main characters to us. The wife being driven about, the girlfriend being received with love and finally a super successful lawyer finding freedom in hanging out a car window. The conversation that ensues between all of them, sketches skillfully the back stories of the lot of them. The movie is far from being a chest beating comment...
Protests! Candle-light vigils! Banners! Placards! Demonstrations! Human Chains! We can do it all .... but the question is how often can we do it,and why should we have to do it at all? And why do we do it at all when our memories are so short! Here today ....And gone tomorrow seems to be the order of the day.But if this has genuinely sparked something inside us then we should keep that spark alive. We need to become a people that we can be proud of... Let us indeed protest....... but protest the indifference that has crept into our lives. Light a candle..... but do it to dispel the darkness that has engulfed our hearts. Wave a banner....... but let it carry a message of love for your close ones. Hold a placard....... but write appreciation on it for all that is good and pure. Demonstrate...... show that you care. Make human chains.... but a hold a hand to help someone,to console, to offer solace. Love and Peace